Thank you for your interest in serving our CitySalt Kids! We see our kids as precious treasures and place a high value on providing a safe place for kids and leaders to experience God’s love as they interact together.
Child and Youth Protection Training
CitySalt is affiliated with the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel and committed to providing a positive, safe, and enjoyable ministry experience for kids. It is our privilege to care for kids by working to create a safe and nurturing environment that fosters spiritual, emotional, and physical health for all participants. This includes promoting best practices and protection for all staff and volunteers from unwarranted accusations.
training Videos (1-4)
The Foursquare Church created this four-session video training series for use in congregations and ministries with one hope: to prevent the maltreatment of children and youth so they can mature in personal faith in Christ without the wounds of abuse in their lives.
Please watch the four 20-minute training videos as part of completing the Kids Ministry Commitment expectation. *We do not suggest viewing the videos with children present. The topics discussed are serious and would equate to an approximate PG-13 rating.
Session 1: Preserving God's Call in the Life of a Child
- Describe the effects of child abuse
- Commit to safe ministries for children and youth
- Understand how molesters operate
- Discover steps to protect staff and volunteers from false accusations
Session 2: Protection and Purity
- Commit to effective abuse prevention in our churches
- Identify and take action on warning signs of abuse
- Understand and implement proactive and redemptive steps for responding to allegations of abuse
Session 3: Boundaries, Behavior and Barriers (attitudes and reactions)
- Boundaries for volunteers who work with children and youth
- Behavior management for church volunteers
- Barriers to adults reporting their concerns about other adults
Session 4: Self-Protection with Godly Confidence
- Ten ways to protect children and youth from abuse
- Warning signs that a child feels uncomfortable
- How to respond if someone tells you they have been abused
- Youth to youth abuse - what it is and how to prevent it
Forms can be
PO Box 5830
Eugene, OR 97405
Contact Pam Sand at (541) 954-8336